What to Do About Your Finances When Deployment Is Postponed

A female service member holding papers sitting with a male service member

When your deployment is postponed, there may be financial details to manage. Don't be reluctant about getting help with managing your money from a personal financial management counselor.

Resources for financial assistance

Learn more

about your employment protections under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.

There are options to explore when you're in need of financial assistance:

  • Personal financial management services. Find your installation's personal financial management program office through MilitaryINSTALLATIONS. Counselors can help you adjust your spending plan, save for the future, understand your consumer rights and obligations and more.
  • Military OneSource. No-cost, personal financial counselors are available, even if you don't live near an installation, in-person or over the phone. Call 800-342-9647 or visit Military OneSource to find a counselor.
  • Military relief organizations. Certain nonprofits can help with interest-free loans or grants if you need emergency financial support. Army service members should visit the Army Emergency Relief website or call 866-878-6378, or the American Red Cross website it you're more than 50 miles from a military installation. Navy and Marine Corps service members should visit the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society website or call 703-696-4904. Air Force members call 800-769-8951 or visit the Air Force Aid Society online.


Find programs and services at your local installation.

View a directory of installations