Your Casualty Assistance Officer

Casualty assistance officer talking to a family member.

You and your family may face tough decisions concerning your loved one and have concerns for the future of your family if he or she is declared deceased or missing. To ensure you receive the highest level of support during this difficult time, you may be assigned a casualty assistance officer.

Each military service branch has different titles for their casualty assistance officers. Although the titles may differ, the services provided are the same.

  • Army — Casualty Assistance Officer
  • Marine Corps — Casualty Assistance Calls Officer
  • Navy — Casualty Assistance Calls Officer
  • Air Force — Casualty Assistance Representative
  • Coast Guard — Casualty Assistance Calls Officer

Read More »


Find programs and services at your local installation.

View a directory of installations