Education consultations give you the chance to have your questions answered by a professional and receive referrals to services that meet your needs. Consultants can assist you with your own questions and those about your child's education. These one-on-one consultations are free and confidential.
Education consultants can help answer questions about financial aid, scholarships, tutoring and college information. They provide you with:
- Contact information for military-friendly schools and institutions that allow you to transfer previous college credits
- Referrals to in-home tutors and tutoring centers in your area
- Public and private school information
- College profiles based on desired degree and specific request
- Help getting your credentials converted and diplomas translated to meet state or country specific requirements
- Profiles on specific colleges and their credentials
- Contact information to help eligible military spouses find tuition assistance for certification through the MyCAA Scholarship
The following individuals are eligible:
- All active-duty service members
- National Guard and reserve members (regardless of activation status)
- Members of the Coast Guard reserve activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority
- Spouses and dependent children who are authorized in Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System, or DEERS
- A family member who is taking care of the affairs of an eligible service member when the service member is deployed
- A severely injured service member of one of the services noted above, or a designated family member of a severely injured member who is incapable of handling his or her own affairs.
Connect with an education consultant by calling 800-342-9647 or by logging into Military OneSource.