Yay, you! You have a goal! Not only that, but you know how to reach it!
Of course, knowing isn’t the same as doing. That’s where a Military OneSource health and wellness coach comes in.
Health and wellness coaching is a free resource available to eligible service members and family members who wish to improve their health and overall well-being. It is available to active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members (regardless of activation status) and families located in the United States and abroad.
What a health and wellness coach can do for you
A Military OneSource health and wellness coach can help you with issues ranging from learning healthy living habits to starting a family in the military. The services a coach can offer include:
- Helping you identify your beliefs, values and vision, creating an action plan to achieve your goals, eliminating roadblocks or barriers that stand in the way and celebrating your success.
- Partnering with you to establish a vision, clear goals and action steps.
- Focusing on the areas of weight management, fitness and nutrition, health condition management, stress management and life transitions such as deployment, moving, becoming a new parent and retiring.
- Meeting with you for up to one year per health and wellness issue. There is no limit on the number of sessions, but your coach may recommend a timeline that best matches your goals.
Getting started with a health and wellness coach
connections within the military community and build your network of support.
You want to change your life for the better. There's no time like the present to get started.
- Call 800-342-9647 and a Military OneSource consultant will register you and schedule your first session right away.
- Choose to meet with your coach by telephone, online chat or video chat.
- Schedule a session between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. EST, Monday through Thursday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST on Friday, or 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST on Saturday. Each session is 45-50 minutes.