When you apply for a job, you want your resume to land in the interview pile, not the circular file. Use these tips to grab your prospective employer's attention and win the interview:
- Tailor your resume to the job description. Each resume must show how your skills match the qualifications in the job description.
- Set the stage. Presentation can make or break your resume. The employer must immediately see you're qualified for the position.
- Speak their language. Use the exact words the employer listed in the job description. They will scan for those key words.
- Show don't tell. Use action verbs and short sentences to show your experience. Clear and concise writing will get you in the door.
- Schedule a dress rehearsal. After you proofread, ask a friend to look at the job description and review your resume for qualifications, errors and clarity.
Read More »